NOVEMBER 3

Today at the behest of the surgeon, I visit a psychologist who specializes in Trauma and pain. Well, the pain has diminished to a level where it is a moot point, but we’ll see what insight I can access from someone who sees trauma victims all the time. I will report back.

The psychologist is one who deals with great and lasting pain. Her assessment was basically what I knew – I am on the road to recovery. She suggested I reframe some thoughts. “Hurry up and heal” to “I’ve already made great progress.” Things like that. I will follow her advice.

We discussed accidents. I felt there are accidents where there is no victim responsibility at all and then accidents out of stupidity and that mine was one pretty much caused because I wasn’t paying attention. So I was down on myself and angry about that. I will forgive myself.