OCTOBER 18

A good night’s sleep really does help things, despite bad dreams. That and the results – finally! - of stuffing myself with prunes to counter the pain pill constipation. Since so many joints in both legs, hips, and even arms were hurting, I reverted to the full prescribed pill instead of the halves I was taking.

Looking forward to the week ahead we will visit the doctor again, I will begin the bone stimulator work. This involves looking at the wound, something I’ve only seen with my glasses off – yes, it’s that gross! We must remove the bandages, position the stimulator ($2200!) and let it run for 20 minutes per location. Then redress the site.

I have a lot of books people have brought me to while away the hours. The weather is supposed to be nice (today is cool and crisp and beautiful) And we can hopefully settle on a landscaping service to cut grass, etc. I won’t be doing THAT any more, though I will need to find a way to get the exercise. Just doing the normal work would take me about 2 to 3 hours. In 100 degree heat, it’s real work. But after the accident and 4+ years of do-it-yourself, I’m done.