OCTOBER 14

With a break from nearly two weeks of rain, a crew has decended upon our rusty pool fence to replace it with one said not to rust. They are working just beyond the windows of our living room, the room in which I spend most of my days.

I'd rather not perform on the chair-side porta-potty for these guys, and since I need to ramp up my activity level (and have been encouraged by the doc to expand my limits), I now walker myself to the shelter of our powder room for the launch of torpedoes.

Terri is at work. Jessie, our old and sleepy dog, keeps me company.

I had an urge. I walkered myself to the toilet. And as I sat there, realized the peril: left behind on the coffee table was lunch - a prepared peanut butter sandwich plus plastic bottle of honey. I had visions of the dog's "never asleep nose" waking the rest of her and leading to the yummy sticky honey bottle which she would drag all over in her fever to get it wide open so she could tongue the bee goo!

As I tried to hurry along my narcotic-induced constippy, I could only imagine what horrible mess awaited.

Happily, we dodged the sticky bullet this time. Until Terri returns, I am not moving... In any way!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry