OCTOBER 19

Well, FINALLY I am out of the antibiotics. I swear I can feel them – they are not only gut bombs but generally unpleasant (my first real anti antibiotic experience.) So that’s progress!

Today will feel odd – Terri will be away all day. I don’t necessarily need her to be here, but I have grown accustomed to her company and will go through withdrawal. Also, there will be less distraction and I will just have to deal with it all. On my own. I have radio, TV, plenty to read, and it’s a nice day – but must remember to take it easy and “be careful” (repeat 5 times!)

In bed I have experienced what I can only describe as random stretching of my whole body – I roll over or whatever triggers it and then my whole body goes into an involuntary stretch... and I lay there fearing damage or stab o’ pain as it works down to my foot. So far so good, but it’s odd to have something so “big” completely out of my control.

I am still buzzed happily about the time I got to spend with each of the two visitors I had this past week... They helped me feel less loneliness. I guess that’s a bad part of what an accident does to your psyche – it isolates you within this very personal experience.

My energy is full of peaks and valleys. I wish it would even out.

Doc tomorrow, with unveiling of the foot, self-ultrasound day one. I expect to be SO grossed out.