OCTOBER 24

The Jag dealer will now replace the head gaskets free. We suspect they know they did something to cause the failure. We will unload thatcar as quickly as we can – provided we get it back in working condition. If not...?

Is this whole blog whining or is it commiseration-fodder for others, as was my original intention? I am too close to it to know.

Yesterday was Pain Day. It grew worse as the day wore on. “Wore” is an appropriate word! I think it’s because of all the walking I did on the cast, though mostly within the house. Although it transfers the weight away from the foot, apparently not all. I was weak, in pain, and bummed out. By 10PM I took a whole pain pill, which felt like a defeat.

There’s another side effect – my hearing is worse. It’s the part of the hearing that transfers through bone conduction... when we hear ourselves speak, some is through the air and the rest through bone conduction. Mine is bad. This has noticeably worsened, and when I speak it sounds like it is coming from afar – it could have been the antibiotics or the trauma, but it’s real and gee I hope not permanent. My voice is also weak. I feel way too young to be falling apart! My plan is to not dwell on these things and let time heal me. If not, I’m stuck.

Drove my car home from where Terri had left it. No problems whatsoever.