OCTOBER 27

This from the BBerry as I am tired and don't want to move to the computer. Went to doc today - I drove without any problem and did walk/hobble into his office. I am proud of that. He cleaned up/off the blackened skin, removed stitches, and said after 24 hours I could shower as the area was 'closed'. Wish he removed the wires, but that is apparently two weeks away.

We stopped for takeout at McDonalds and after lunch I simply crashed, out of gas.

I told Terri that for the first time in my life, I feel old. She replied that it's the trauma that makes me feel that way. I hope so.

Doc said I'd be using the boot for another 4 to 6 weeks, that the bones are slower to heal. Since it beats the alternative by far, I'm game.

Terri has suggested that my foot has come a LONG long way, and I am wondering if perhaps the toes were dangling, but I never did see... And don’t want to know now.

I am trying to get an appointment with the psychologist who specializes in Trauma because I said I would at the encouragement of the surgeon.